Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Yo Just started, and the statement of the Mission

Yo, what's up? Yo-yo, what's sup? (Lame)

I'm Vic and I'm a YoyoFreak living and breathing in Kuching, Malaysia.

Basically I had this Idea last night and I decided to give it a shot.

If you hate long boring reads, Just skip to the last paragraph.

All yo-yoers like us love to read reviews of our favorite yo-yos, or even yo-yos that soon will become our favorite, so we could make a judgement on what should we spend our painstakingly saved up pocket money on.

Over in the US, I envy you guys. You guys get the best brands and the best yo-yos at prices you guys could afford. YoyoJams, YoyoFactories, General-Yo. Over here, thanks to the close proximity to the bootleg mecca of the world, China, we get all sorts of yo-yos here. Cheap. And bad.

Reading reviews of good yo-yos and listening to the praises and thumbs up the good ones are getting, I was thinking to myself, where do I have to go to get a bad review? Obviously there would be none, cause no-one would be bothered to read that review, let alone buy that yo-yo

But over in the east, the story is different. People can't afford a "Proper" yo-yo like the West could. Imagine, a Full-Time job at KFC or McDonald's in Malaysia nets you between Rm800-Rm900 a month (That's roughly USD260 - USD290) but a Yo-yo, like say a Yuuksta, costs us Rm230, not including shipping. And it's even worse in places like Indonesia, where a kid can't even afford a YoyoJam Hybrid Yo-yo. So, we turn to Bootlegs, like an Auldey Storm Eagle, a Duncan FHZ Bootleg using a starburst response costing around only Rm40 (about USD 13).

So for some people who can't afford a "Decent" yo-yo and want to try out a bootleg, and not too sure about whether they should consider getting the yo-yo, come and read my reviews. If you want to see if a bootleg is any good compared to the original, come read my reviews. If you just want to see video of me smashing stuff, skip the damn review, look at the vid.

So, what I'm gonna do is to cruise around town, pick up the cheapest yo-yo around, and do a review on it. Just for the fun (Or Unfun) of it. I may even review bad yo-yos that my friends don't want. And at the end, I would decide either to Keep it, or Kill it. And Kill it I will in the most spectacular way possible. Yeah.

Check back in about a week. I'd be posting the first Bad Review soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment